ASSOCIATION OF MEDICAL LABORATORY IMMUNOLOGISTS
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
DEADLINE July 7, 2023
Abstracts that do not conform to the guidelines indicated in the
highlighted areas below will be returned for correction!!!
- Participants are encouraged to submit abstracts that describe their original results.
- The abstract must fit on a single 8 1/2” x 11” page, one-side only. Please do not draw lines.
- The abstract must conform to the following format: Objective; Methods; Results; and Conclusions.
- Single space all typing, capitalize all letters in the title, underlining the name of the person presenting the paper.
- Please include on a separate page a cover page with the presenter’s name, address, telephone and fax numbers, email address, title of abstract, and a restatement of the objectives in the following format:
From viewing and discussing my poster the participants should be able to:
a. Describe . . . b. Reply . . . c. Evaluate . . .” Objectives must start with an action verb so that the activity can be measurable. Objectives on this page should be identical to objectives on your abstract.
- Please email the cover page and abstract as ONE Word file (not PDF), cover page first. The file name should be your last name followed by first name initial, and the words “Abstract 2020.” If submitting more than one abstract, please put a number at the end of the file name.
- Please email all abstracts and abstract release forms to email@example.com.
- Participants whose abstracts are accepted will be assigned to present their work in the scheduled Poster Session. Poster positions are not assigned … position is on a first come first served basis.
- There are three categories of awards for your abstract submission. The winner of each category will receive a check for $500. Please indicate on your cover page the award for which you are eligible. If you are submitting more than one abstract, please enter only ONE into the competition.
- The Young Investigator Award. Applicants must be 35 years old or younger.
- Peter Maxim Memorial Clinical Laboratory Scientist Award. Applicants are to be a Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
- Doctorate Award. Applicants are to be a Ph.D. or M.D.
- Also, please indicate on your cover page whether you would like to be considered for one of a limited number of $1000 Travel Allowance Scholarships.
REMOVAL OF CIRCULATING IMMUNE COMPLEXES OF ERYTHROCYTE TRANSFUSION IN PATIENTS WITH AIDS AND ARC
Inada, J. Sulzberger, and W. S. Clark, St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hosp., Columbia Univ., New York, NY USA
Objective: We have demonstrated that the absence of . . .
Methods: Ten of 18 AIDS patients . . .
Results: All control AIDS patients . . .
Conclusion: Our observations to date suggest . . .