Section 1. Membership Committee.
This committee shall consist of the Secretary, who shall serve as the Chair, the Vice-President and the Secretary Elect. The primary function of this committee is to determine eligibility of all those who apply for appropriate membership status in the AMLI on the basis of criteria approved by the Council and consistent with Article 1, Section 1 of the By-Laws. The Membership Committee may undertake appropriate activities to maintain the existing membership roster as well as to promote further growth within the Association.
Section 2. Scientific Affairs Committee.
The Scientific Affairs Committee shall be responsible for the scientific content and quality of the Annual Meeting, symposia, workshops and special courses. The Committee shall be composed of the AMLI President, who serves as committee chair, the Past President, the Vice-President, the local Host for the current Annual Meeting, and the chairperson of the education committee. The Local Host Chair is appointed by the Council and may also appoint others to join a Local Host Committee, if approved by the President.
Section 3. Nominating Committee.
This Committee shall consist of three members appointed by the President, each of whom shall serve 3 years, one being appointed each year. The senior member of the Committee shall serve as the Chair. Committee members may not currently be serving on the Council of the Association.
Section 4. Finance Committee.
This Committee will consist of the Treasurer, who will serve as the Chair, the Vice-President, the Treasurer Elect and two appointed members. One member is appointed each year by the President to serve for a period of two years.
Section 5. Other Committees.
These committees shall serve at the discretion of the President and may be formed to meet special needs or requirements
- Constitution and By-Laws Committee. This Committee will consist of the Past President, who shall serve as the Chair, the President and Vice-President. This committee shall be convened only as needed and determined by the President with the advice of the Council.
- Long-Range Planning Committee. This committee shall be convened only as deemed necessary to meet the needs of the Association. The President shall appoint up to 5 members to develop a long-range plan for the Association.
- Government and Industry Liaison Committee. This committee shall be appointed by the President to serve a two year term and shall meet to respond to specific issues. The committee shall consist of 5 members.
Section 6. New Committee Working Committees.
These committees will meet to conduct business in areas where members have special interests or there are special needs concerning the Association. Any member of the Association is invited to join these committees and serve as long a term as they desire. Chairs of the committees will be named by the President.
- Education Committee. The responsibility of this committee is to generate educational opportunities to members of the Association through facilities available during the Annual Meeting as well as the organization of short courses and/or regional workshops under the auspices of the Council. The Chair of the Education committee will serve as an ex officio member of the Council.
- Standards Committee. The responsibility of this committee is to identify and evaluate appropriate sources of standard or reference reagents for clinical immunology assays. This committee may function as a center for the accumulation of information and resources concerning the comparative evaluation, standardization and quality control of diagnostic devices. These efforts may represent opportunities for participation in quality assurance programs and collaborative work among members of AMLI or between AMLI and other professional organizations. The chair of this committee serves as an ex officio member of the council.
- Website Committee. This committee consists of a Chair appointed by the President and up to 3 additional AMLI members selected by the Chair with approval of the Council. The responsibility of this committee is to obtain material appropriate for the Society website. The Chairman of the Website committee may either designate an appropriate committee member to maintain the website and post appropriate material, or, with Council approval, contract with an outside person or organization to maintain the website. The Website committee Chair is an ex officio member of the Council.
Section 7. Committee Procedures.
Except as otherwise provided in these By-Laws, a majority of a committee shall constitute a quorum thereof, and the acts of the majority of those present at a meeting which a quorum is present, shall be the acts of the committee. Meetings of each committee shall be called by the Chair of the committee. Each committee shall render such reports at such time as the Council may require.